Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Marquette Indoor Triathlon.


I got this message a couple of weeks ago.

Congratulations! You've qualified for the 2017 USA Triathlon Olympic-Distance National Championships in Omaha, Nebraska. Below is your registration link to register for the event, which takes place August 12, 2017. 

I qualified at the Marquette Indoor Triathlon on March 26th here in Milwaukee.   It was a really small race.  It was a 400 meter indoor swim, 10 mile bike on a computrainer and a 5 K run on the Marquette University campus.


I almost didn't go to the race. I did not sleep at all the night before.  I decided to treat the race like training and not put any pressure on myself.  I did not need to worry. There were less than 20 athletes in the race.  There were only three of us over college age and I was the only one in my age group.


The swim was at the student rec center. It was a beautiful pool and then it was right across the street for the bike.  I was right next to Dewitt, the only non college age man in the race. He was in the 70-75 age group. We had a nice time talking about local races while we waited for our swim start.  I raced against him during the bike and just barely beat him.


Then it was just the 5K on a 64 F day. The course was three one mile loops. I was the last to finish, but overall had a decent race.


Final results:

Swim 9:26
Bike 35:25
Run 32:39

Not bad considering I did another indoor tri the week before. Because I was the only one in my age group and this was a USAT sanctioned event, I qualified for the Olympic Age Group National Championship in Omaha.  I won't be going, I have just too many other races on my schedule this year.  I'm saving vacation for next year when I plan on going to the Winter Triathlon World Championship in Romania in January.  Part of my schedule this year is the National Championship for Aquathlon and Aquabike. Both would qualify me for the World Championship in Denmark.


It was a fun day and turned out to be a good day of training. I got to do a fun race and meet lots of nice people. It is nice to know I can still qualify for a National Championship. I feel like I will be ready for my first outdoor tri in Madison on May 21st.


*****************************



Chris Wodke
Founder & Manager Team CMT
www.run4cmt.com

Chris is a triathlete and long distance runner. She is a three time participant of the Boston Marathon.  In 2012 she finished 2nd at Boston in the Mobility Impaired Division. She was on the course in 2013 when the bombs exploded.

She has appeared three times at the Paratriathlon National Triathlon Sprint Championship. She was the 2012 and 2014 National Champion Paratriathlon Open Division Champion.

In 2014 she was the PC Open Champion at the Duathlon National Championship and at the Aqua bike National Championship in 2016. She represented Team USA at the Aquathon ITU World Championship in Chicago in 2015 and at the World championship in Cozumel in 2016.  

 In 2014 she represented the U.S. as a paratriathlete at the Pan-American Triathlon Championship in Dallas, Texas.  She has won state championships in cycling and triathlon as a senior Olympian.

She travels around the country raising awareness of CMT.

She is the author of the book, “Running for My Life” that details her experience as a CMT affected athlete.

You may visit her author page at:
http://www.amazon.com/Christine-Wodke/e/B00IJ02HX6

Team CMT is a group of athletes and supporters working to raise awareness and to find a cure for CMT. We have 210 members in 38 states. We also have members in Australia, England, Scotland, Canada, Vietnam, Turkey, Finland, Scotland, France, Poland, Iran, Norway and Sweden. If you wish to join us visit our web site; www.run4cmt.com or www.hnf-cure.org

CMT or Charcot-Marie-Tooth is the most commonly inherited peripheral neuropathy. It affects over 155,000 Americans (as many as MS).  It is a disease of the nerves that control the muscles. It is slowly progressive, causing loss of normal function and or sensation in the lower legs/feet and arms/hands.

Symptoms include; muscle wasting in the lower legs and feet leading to foot drop, poor balance and gait problems Atrophy in the hands causes difficulty with manual dexterity.

Structural foot deformities such as high arches and hammer toes are common.

Poor tolerance for cool or cold temperatures and many people have chronically cold hands and feet.

Additional symptoms may include fatigue, sleep apnea, breathing difficulties and hearing loss.

Additional Link
Follow CMT affected Paratriathlete Timmy Dixon
http://cmtamputee.wordpress.com/

Follow CMT Author Chris Steinke
https://cmtandmesite.wordpress.com/2017/01/30/what-is-charcot-marie-tooth-disease/


Keywords: Running, Running and CMT, triathlon, triathlon and CMT, athlete and CMT, cycling and CMT, paratriathlon, challenged athlete, Team CMT, Running for My Life-Winning for CMT. Hereditary Neuropathy, Charcot-Marie-Tooth.

CMT and running, CMT and triathlon, CMT and athlete, Charcot-Marie-Tooth and running, Charcot-Marie-Tooth and triathlon, Team USA and Team CMT, Running for my life-Winning for CMT, CMT athlete, athlete and CMT, triathlete and CMT, Boston Marathon Bombing, CMT disease, CMT and exercise, exercise and CMT, CMT, athlete and CMT.Team CMT, CMT athlete, athlete and CMT, bike4CMT, walk4CMT,  CMTA, HNF, Tri4CMT, Walk4CMT, MDA

No comments:

Post a Comment