Tuesday, December 30, 2014

2015 Race Schedule

Chris Wodke competing for Team USA Dallas PATCO 2014


" In the race to be your best there is no losing."- Amby Burfoot

I know it is not event the end of 2014 yet, but I already have a tentative schedule of races for next year.  I'm sure I will also be adding a couple of more duathlons and Olympic distance triathlon races as well.

It looks like it is going to be another busy year of racing and raising awareness for Team CMT.  I wish I could say I was going into the year healthy. I have injuries to both ankles, a result of the progression of my CMT. I am confident I can keep racing through the pain. I'll do a mix of paratriathlon and age group races.

 I will also try once again to get classified at Austin. I don't expect I will, but keep showing up to plead the case for a better system to assess those of us with neuromuscular conditions. If I do classify in, the I will race at the Duathlon World Championship in Adelaide, Australia in October.  I qualified for the race with my win in the PC Open Division last year. It will be my fourth appearance in Austin. I've won the division twice, including last year.

It will be a year of first's for me. I will do my first nordic ski race, first winter triathlon, first National Senior games and first appearance at a World Championship.

I qualified for the National Senior games with a state championship in triathlon and the 20K road race. I finished 2nd in the 10K time trial. With these finishes I qualified for all the cycling events. I am looking forward to seeing Team CMT Louise Gehardt who has qualified for tennis.

I will be in Chicago for the ITU World Championship in September. I qualified at the National Championship in El Reno, Oklahoma last year as an age group athlete. It will be my second time competing as a member of Team USA.  Chicago is close to home and I've raced the course several times. It will be just like a hometown race.

For any of us with CMT, just getting out there is a victory. I also get to meet team members  as I travel around the country. Looking forward to more of that this year and having a great year of racing!


2015 Race Schedule


January 10- Trail Assail 5 K classic Ski Race, Minooka Park, Waukesha Wisconsin
February 14-   Trail Assail 8 K classic Ski Race Nashotah Wisconsin
February 22-    Winter Wonderland Triathlon, Verona Wisconsin
February 27-    Winter Triathlon National Championship, Boise, Idaho ( 4 K run, 12 K bike, 8K ski)
April 25th-       Kettleman Duathlon
May 25th-        Paratriathlon National Championship, Austin, Texas
June 6th-          National Duathlon Championship, St. Paul, Minn. (3 K run, 23 K bike, 3 K run)
June 21st-        Pleasant Prairie Olympic Paratriathlon
June 27th-        Xterra Dairyland Sprint Off-Road Triathlon
July   5th-        National Senior Games Sprint Triathlon, Minneapolis, Minn
July 8th-          National Senior Games 40 K cycling road race
July  9th-        National Senior Games, 20 K cycling  road race
July 11th-        National Senior Games 10 K TT  Minneapolis, Minn
July 12th-        National Senior Games 5 K TT, Minneapolis, Minn
August 9-        Age Group National Championship Olympic Triathlon, Milwaukee, Wi.
Sept. 16-         ITU Aquathon World Championship, Chicago, Illinois
Sept. 26-         National Championship Long Course Triathlon, Oklahoma City (1.2 swim, 56 mile                               bike, 13.1 run)
October 4-      Aquathon National Championship, El Reno, Oklahoma or Duathlon
Nov. 15-         National Championship Long Course Duathlon, Dallas, Texas ( 5 mile run, 32 bike, 5                           mile run)

*********************************






Chris Wodke
Founder & Manager Team CMT
www.run4cmt.com

Chris is a triathlete and long distance runner. She is a three time participant of the Boston Marathon.  In 2012 she finished 2nd at Boston in the Mobility Impaired Division. She was on the course in 2013 when the bombs exploded.

She has appeared three times at the Paratriathlon National Triathlon Sprint Championship. She was the 2012 and 2014 National Champion Paratriathlon Open Division Champion.

In 2014 she was the PC Open Champion at the Duathlon National Championship. She has qualified to represent Team USA at the Aquathon ITU World Championship in Chicago in 2015.  

 In 2014 she represented  the U.S. as a paratriathlete at the Pan-American Triathlon Championship in DallasTexas.

She travels around the country raising awareness of CMT.

She is the author of the book, “Running for My Life” that details her experience as a CMT affected athlete.

You may visit her author page at:
http://www.amazon.com/Christine-Wodke/e/B00IJ02HX6


Team CMT is a group of athletes and supporters working to raise awareness and to find a cure for CMT. We have 159 members in 30 states. We also have members in AustraliaScotlandCanadaVietnamTurkeyFinland and Iran. If you wish to join us visit our web site; www.run4cmt.com or www.hnf-cure.org


CMT or Charcot-Marie-Tooth is the most commonly inherited peripheral neuropathy. It affects over 155,000 Americans (as many as MS).  It is a disease of the nerves that control the muscles. It is slowly progressive, causing loss of normal function and or sensation in the lower legs/feet and arms/hands.

Symptoms include; muscle wasting in the lower legs and feet leading to foot drop, poor balance and gait problems Atrophy in the hands causes difficulty with manual dexterity.

Structural foot deformities such as high arches and hammer toes are common.

Poor tolerance for cool or cold temperatures and many people have chronically cold hands and feet.

Additional symptoms may include fatigue, sleep apnea, breathing difficulties and hearing loss.

Additional Link
Follow CMT affected Paratriathlete Timmy Dixon
http://cmtamputee.wordpress.com/

Keywords: Running, Running and CMT, triathlon, triathlon and CMT, athlete and CMT, cycling and CMT, paratriathlon, challenged athlete, Team CMT, Running for My Life-Winning for CMT. Hereditary Neuropathy, Charcot-Marie-Tooth.
CMT and running, CMT and triathlon, CMT and athlete, Charcot-Marie-Tooth and running, Charcot-Marie-Tooth and triathlon, Team USA and Team CMT, Running for my life-Winning for CMT, CMT athlete, athlete and CMT, triathlete and CMT, Boston Marathon Bombing

No comments:

Post a Comment