Apple cider is great for your health and it has uses beyond cooking. To get the greatest benefit, be sure to buy an unfiltered kind like Bragg's organic raw apple cider vinegar. It is unpasteurized and unfiltered. Both add to the health benefits from the pro-biotics present which aid digestion. Other benefits include:
- Lower Cholesterol- A study where rats were fed apple cider vinegar had a significant reduction of the bad cholesterol LDL. LDL has been linked to increased risk of heart attack. There was also an increase in the good cholesterol HDL.
- Help with Diabetes- apple cider vinegar may improve insulin sensitivity in diabetics and reduce blood sugar levels.
- Leg Cramp Cure- Add two tablespoons of apple cinder vinegar to a glass. It works due to the high potassium content.
- Lower Blood Pressure- May reduce systolic blood pressure.
There are several options for using apple cider vinegar your health and beauty:
- Hair Rinse- Use apple cider vinegar as a conditioning rinse for hair. Pour the vinegar over your hair after shampooing and rinse. It helps to clean off product build-up.
- Itching Skin- Apply to itching skin, rash or bug bites.
- Treat Hiccups- Mix 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar with the same amount of warm water and gargle. This will help to soothe a sore throat.