Friday, May 2, 2014

Product Review- Plantar Fasciitis Sock



Product Review: Darco FS6 DSC Plantar Fasciitis Sleeve Zoned Compression Sock

I saw these on Amazon a few months ago. I’ve had an ongoing problem with my ankles since training for my first Boston Marathon two years ago.

I’d been looking for something to support the ankle. They are a bit unstable due to the tightness in my calves caused by my CMT.

The product is advertised as treatment for Plantar Fasciitis. These are meant to be worn in stead of night splints.  Here is what the advertisement claims:

  • 98% of users report pain relief.
  • Improves circulation and reduces edema
  • Comfortable and easy to wear.
  • Six zones of compression.

The compression varies from gentle to moderate to firm.

I bought a pair a few months ago for the next time I got injured. About two weeks out from Boston, sure enough an ankle problem started.  The area just behind my right ankle bone on the inside of the ankle was painful.

Both ankles had been tender on the outside part of the ankle for weeks.  So I wore these at work one day under my socks, and then wore them to bed.  My ankles did feel much better. The pain was almost completely gone. They were comfortable to wear. I’ve worn night splints and these are much better.

So the real test was running with them, since I think my ankles need more support when I run. I wore them for an hour and 15 minute run under my running socks. They provided good support and there were no hot spots. The ankles were well supported so there is no new pain.

I wore these on my last 20 mile run before Boston and I wore them during the marathon. They were comfortable with no hot spots. Because My ankles were sore after the marathon, I wore them to work during the day. They helped support the area so the area could heal.

I bought mine on Amazon. You can get a single sock for $26.99 or a pair for $36.00.  I bought a pair in both black and white.


I am sure if you did an Internet search you can find other suppliers.

******************
Author in Arizonia at National Duathlon Championship 2012


Chris Wodke
Founder & Manager Team CMT
www.run4cmt.com

Chris is a triathlete and long distance runner. She is a two time participant of the Boston Marathon.  She was the 2012 National Champion Paratriathlon Open Division. In 2013 she qualified as a member of the Team USA Duathlon Team. She will compete in 2014 at the Age Group World Duathlon Sprint Championship in Pontevedre Spain.

She is the author of the book, “Running for My Life” that details her experience as a CMT affected athlete.

You may visit her author page at:
http://www.amazon.com/Christine-Wodke/e/B00IJ02HX6


Team CMT is a group of athletes and supporters working to raise awareness and to find a cure for CMT. We have 145 members in 29 states. We also have members in Australia, Canada, Vietnam, Turkey, Finland and Iran. If you wish to join us visit our web site; www.run4cmt.com or www.hnf-cure.org


CMT or Charcot-Marie-Tooth is the most commonly inherited peripheral neuropathy. It affects over 155,000 Americans (as many as MS).  It is a disease of the nerves that control the muscles. It is slowly progressive, causing loss of normal function and or sensation in the lower legs/feet and arms/hands.

Symptoms include; muscle wasting in the lower legs and feet leading to foot drop, poor balance and gait problems Atrophy in the hands causes difficulty with manual dexterity.

Structural foot deformities such as high arches and hammer toes are common.

Poor tolerance for cool or cold temperatures and many people have chronically cold hands and feet.

Additional symptoms may include fatigue, sleep apnea, breathing difficulties and hearing loss.

Additional Link
Follow CMT affected Paratriathlete Timmy Dixon
http://cmtamputee.wordpress.com/

Keywords: Running, Running and CMT, triathlon, triathlon and CMT, athlete and CMT, cycling and CMT, paratriathlon, challenged athlete, Team CMT, Running for My Life-Winning for CMT. Hereditary Neuropathy, Charcot-Marie-Tooth.
CMT and running, CMT and triathlon, CMT and athlete, Charcot-Marie-Tooth and running, Charcot-Marie-Tooth and triathlon, Team USA and Team CMT, Running for my life-Winning for CMT


4 comments:

  1. Plantar fasciitis is a painful foot problem that often requires a number of different treatments to address it in the moment and prevent. Plantar Fasciitis Sock will give you relive from this pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing....! Thanks For Sharing Such a Great Information About Plantar Fasciitis Socks. We Are Also Selling Plantar Fasciitis Socks in UK in Reasonable Price. If Anyone Wants to Buy It. So Please Visit Our Website Today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent information, Thanks for publishing such essential information. You are doing such a good job. This information is very helpful for everyone. Keep it up. Thanks. High Waist Yoga Leggings for women online

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just need to say this is a well-informed article which you have shared here about hoodies. It is an engaging and gainful article for us. Continue imparting this sort of info, Thanks to you. reformer pilates machine

    ReplyDelete