Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Product Review- Lap Counter



In the off season I've been swimming three times a week.  I had been counting laps and if I lost count or was unsure what lap I was on, I would make myself start over at the last lap I remembered.

So I got tired of repeating laps and decided to try out a lap counter. I am not much of a gadget person. I don't have lots of time to learn a product.

I bought this counter months ago, but I've been so busy training for Boston, I had not even taken it out of the box. I finally got around to it two weeks ago.  The pictue shows everything.

I am ashamed it took me so long to get around to using this because it is really easy. Just a push to turn it on and a push on the same button to add a lap.  To reset the counter, just hold down the button for 3 seconds.

It turns itself off automatically after 30 minutes of non input.

The counter goes on your index finger. It feels a bit loose to me. I keep feeling like it is going to fall off.
The button is also a little hard to push when your hand is in the water.  So I pressed it when my hand was out of the water.

It is small and easy to use, but I feel like it gets in the way of my swim stroke. I think I just have to use it a bit more to have some confidence it will not fall off and to have it feel normal on my hand when I am swimming.

Overall I am happy with the purchase. It is available on Amazon.com for $34.99.

*****************************
Author on left at Boston 2013 Finish Line


Chris Wodke
Founder & Manager Team CMT
www.run4cmt.com

Chris is a triathlete and long distance runner. She is a two time participant of the Boston Marathon.  She was the 2012 National Champion Paratriathlon Open Division. In 2013 she qualified as a member of the Team USA Duathlon Team. She will compete in 2014 at the Age Group World Duathlon Sprint Championship in Pontevedre Spain.

She is the author of the book, “Running for My Life” that details her experience as a CMT affected athlete.

You may visit her author page at:
http://www.amazon.com/Christine-Wodke/e/B00IJ02HX6


Team CMT is a group of athletes and supporters working to raise awareness and to find a cure for CMT. We have 145 members in 29 states. We also have members in Australia, Canada, Vietnam, Turkey, Finland and Iran. If you wish to join us visit our web site; www.run4cmt.com or www.hnf-cure.org


CMT or Charcot-Marie-Tooth is the most commonly inherited peripheral neuropathy. It affects over 155,000 Americans (as many as MS).  It is a disease of the nerves that control the muscles. It is slowly progressive, causing loss of normal function and or sensation in the lower legs/feet and arms/hands.

Symptoms include; muscle wasting in the lower legs and feet leading to foot drop, poor balance and gait problems Atrophy in the hands causes difficulty with manual dexterity.

Structural foot deformities such as high arches and hammer toes are common.

Poor tolerance for cool or cold temperatures and many people have chronically cold hands and feet.

Additional symptoms may include fatigue, sleep apnea, breathing difficulties and hearing loss.

Additional Link
Follow CMT affected Paratriathlete Timmy Dixon
http://cmtamputee.wordpress.com/

Running, Running and CMT, triathlon, triathlon and CMT, athlete and CMT, cycling and CMT, paratriathlon, challenged athlete, Team CMT, Running for My Life-Winning for CMT. Hereditary Neuropathy, Charcot-Marie-Tooth.
CMT and running, CMT and triathlon, CMT and athlete, Charcot-Marie-Tooth and running, Charcot-Marie-Tooth and triathlon, Team USA and Team CMT, Running for my life-Winning for CMT



No comments:

Post a Comment